|Address:||16 Hospital Road
|Telephone:||028 8167 9483|
SureStart is a government led initiative aimed at giving every child the best possible start in life and which offers a broad range of services focusing on Family Health, Early Years Care and Education and Improved Well Being Programmes to children aged 4 and under.
Location of Sure Start Project:
Was established in 2006 by the Western Area Childcare Partnership who appointed Early years The organisation for young children as the projects Lead and accountable Body. Early Years the organisation for young children provide Leadership, support with planning and delivery of services and administrative and financial support and advice to management committee. Rainbow SureStart covers 225 square miles of mainly rural countryside. The largest towns in the area are Castlederg, Newtownstewart and Drumquin in Glenderg and Clare wards and incorporate links to both Strabane and Omagh District Councils. The population of the area is around 11,000, including 816 children aged 0-4 years in our catchment area with approximately 200 births per year.
- Address 1:5 Prospect Court ,Castlederg
Postcode BT81 7PT
- Address 2;Centre 2000, 17 Moyle Road Newtownstewart
Postcode BT78 4AP
- Address 3;The Old Mill,2a Main Street Drumquin
Postcode BT78 4SB.
Services on Offer:
Who is responsible for Sure Start (Partner’s Names)?
Early years The organisation for young children as the projects Lead and accountable
What happens once I register with Sure Start?
A home registration visit is complete within one month and families receive a News Letter immediately.
Comments from families on Sure Start:
- Nurturing -“Yes. I have loved this programme and the group. Gives so many ways to cope with parenting. Atmosphere was brilliant, staff were brilliant ,very relaxed, open, honest and non-judgemental.”
- Rhyme Time – “Fun and enjoyable. Through rhymes my child’s confidence has grown in groups.”
- Play & Learn – “Fantastic for speech and language development. Great ideas for play at home.”
- Talking Tots – “Beneficial for parents too. Learned new skills. I have seen my child’s speech improving.”
- Incredible Years – “As a new Mum and baby only 2 months old, I can now do some of the things advised at an early stage in his life.”
- Infant Massage – “The social side of the programme is just brilliant and that intimate time with your baby”
- P2YO – “My child loved every single day she was there she developed so well in every way delighted with the support provided. Great staff. Thank you all very much. A great 1st educational experience plus the fun factor built it!! The welcome to parents was amazing.”
Newsletters: Yes – Termly
Facebook: Rainbow Surestart