|Address:||1 & 2 Strathroy Enterprise Units
|Telephone:||028 8225 2936|
Sure Start is an outreach programme available to families with children under 4 years to help them reach their full potential in Health, Social, Education and Play Skills. We welcome families from ethnic or national origins, travelling community, people with disability, all religious beliefs and sexual orientation, political opinion or marital status.
Location of Sure Start Project:
We are situated at Strathroy Enterprise Units, Meelmore Drive, Strathroy, Omagh. Co Tyrone BT79 7XL.
We also have crèches in Fintona, Termon, Gortrush/Strule, and Omagh.
Who is responsible for Sure Start (Partner’s Names)?
Board of Directors 2013
- Martin McColgan – Strathroy Community Association, 1 Dunbreen Close, Strathroy, Omagh
- Siobhan McDermott – Lisanelly Regeneration Group, 5 Gortview Close, Omagh
- Ann Kelly – Strathroy Community Association, Strathroy Community Centre, Drumlea Crescent, Strathroy, Omagh
- Orla Conway – Women’s Aid Centre, 27 Market Street, Omagh, BT78 1EL
- Seamus Reid – MACCA, 21a Knockshee Park Omagh
- Gerry McCusker – Oma West
What happens once I register with Sure Start?
Once you register with Sure Start a midwife will contact you to arrange a home visit and they will explain all the services that are available to you and your family under the age of 4 years. This visit will then be followed up by a Family Support Worker who is assigned to your area and whom you can contact. You will receive all our newsletters and programmes which may be of interest for you to attend.
Comments from families on Sure Start:
- Excellent Service
- Much Needed Service
- Wish we could avail of service, but can’t due to address. Would like be able to available of a great place.
- Need to expand ward areas.