|Address:||Dry Arch Children’s Centre
Glenshane Business Park
50 Legavallon Road
|Telephone:||028 7774 2904|
The Dungiven/Limavady SureStart project is provided within the Dry Arch Children’s Centres which is a fully integrated Children’s Centre delivering services to Children, Families and Young People in the rural Borough of Limavady. The Centre is recognised as a model of Excellence in the Families Matter Document and also leads on the Limavady Early Intervention Family Support HUB. The Dry Arch is a Voluntary Body and is a company Limited by Guarantee with Charitable status and is the Lead and Accountable body for the delivery of this SureStart Project.
- Enagh (Limavady)
- The Highlands
- Upper Glenshane
Services on Offer:
Dungiven /Limavady Sure Star provide the following services :
- Breastfeeding Baby Massage / Baby Peep
- Incredible Babies
- Weaning Programme,
- Drop in Crèche
- Personal Development/Strengthening Your Relationships
- You Make The Difference
- Parent & Toddler Sessions
- Walkie Talkie
- Positive Parenting
- Family Support
- Living Life to the Full (in partnership with AWARE Defeat Depression).
Who is responsible for Sure Start (Partner’s Names)?
The Dry Arch Children’s Centres is the lead and Accountable Body.
What happens once I register with Sure Start?
A member of our Family Support team give an initial home visit to register the family, then pass the registration form to the Sure Start Administration Officer in puts the details onto the Sure Start database and forward the family information on services and support we provide.
Comments from families on Sure Start:
- This was my first baby and my health visitor informed me of the Sure Start in my area. I contacted the Sure Start Administrator and signed up for Baby Massage. When the massage was finished I went on to the Weaning Class and then signed up for other classes.
- We recently moved to the area from England and found out about Sure Start. I have been attending Parent and Toddler session every week. I also send my eldest child to the Drop in Crèche. It has been great for both myself and my children.
- When I first contacted Sure Start my mood was very low the staff were there to support me and my family and to give a listening ear.