|Address:||The Arc Healthy Living Centre
116-122 Sally’s Wood
|Telephone:||028 6862 1970|
Cherish Sure Start us built around the wants and needs of local people. Our aim is to improve the well-being of life opportunities for children aged under 4 through better health, childcare, play and educational programmes, from the moment of conception.
- Kesh Ederney & Lack
Location of Sure Start Project:
Manager: Maeve Linton
The Arc Healthy Living Centre
112–116 Sally’s Wood
Irvinestown, Co Fermanagh
Tel: 028 6862 1970.
Fax: 028 6862 8414.
The Old Court House
Bridge Street, Newtownbutler
Tel: 028 67738063
Fax: 028 67738086
Services on Offer:
Please see attached document.
Who is responsible for Sure Start (Partner’s Names)?
ARC Healthy Living centre Ltd is the lead and accountable body
What happens once I register with Sure Start?
You are able to access Sure Start services.
Comments from families on Sure Start:
- “The Sure Start services were invaluable, particularly after the birth of my first child. The support from the breastfeeding support group enabled me to cope with the difficulties of feeding and to continue feeding for many months. I availed of other programmes such as hypnobirthing, baby massage and baby yoga. It was great to meet other new mums and gain support from programme leaders. X is currently on th e2YOP – he benefits greatly from this and has made great progress socially and with his speech and language.”
- “made me more confident after I had my first baby – got me out of the house going to various programmes. Improved my children’s speech and confidence”.
- “Sure Start has been the most positive influence on me as a parent and my children’s early year’s development. The support and professional service is second to none. Sure Start provides everything for young families. People just need to tap in once and then you’re involved in a whole new Sure Start family. 2 of my 4 children have now moved to big school and I can see how Sure Start has helped them to become more confident, happy, capable, interested, creative and well rounded individuals compared to some of their peers. Sure Start has made me a much calmer, happier and fulfilled parent. I am much more prepared and less likely to feel like I am doing everything wrong”.
- “Sure Start is a win, win for parents and kids”.
- “Sure Start was able to point out ASD traits in my child and enabled us to get an earlier diagnosis so I would say Sure Start is invaluable”.
- “Sure Start services are invaluable to society especially to families experiencing difficulties. It is a lifeline and impacts massively and positively to encourage health, education and well being of children and their families. It has helped my children grow socially, enabled development in speech & language and encouraged good social skills which will no doubt have helped with integration with school and society all through later life”.
Newsletters: Yes – quarterly