|Address:||The Seashell Centre
18 Newcastle Street
|Telephone:||028 4176 4718|
Kilkeel Sure Start has been operational in the Kilkeel area since March 2011 providing services to children aged 0-4 and their families.
Sure Start aims to work with parents to promote the physical, intellectual and social development of babies and young children so that they can flourish at home and when they get to school.
- Kilkeel Central 2 SOA
- Kilkeel South 2 SOA
Services on Offer:
- Baby Massage
- Breastfeeding Support
- Home Visiting Support
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Health Visitor
- Home Start Visiting Service
- Parenting Programmes
- Healthy Lifestyle Programmes
- Creative and Interactive Play Opportunities
- Jigsaw – The Programme for Two Year Olds
Who is responsible for Sure Start (Partner’s Names)?
- South Down Family Health Initiative (Lead Body)
- Southern Health and Social Care Trust (Accountable Body)
- Home Start Newry and Mourne
- Early Years – The Organisation for Young Children
What happens once I register with Sure Start?
Eileen, our Sure Start Health Visitor will contact you to arrange a home visit during which she will complete the Sure Start Registration Form with you. During this visit she will let you know about all the various services and programmes that we offer and explain how you and your family can become involved.
Comments from families on Sure Start:
- “An excellent service and place for new mums especially. I really enjoyed attending this group” (Mum at Breastfeeding Support Group).
- “It helped me with my baby as he was having problems feeding” (Mum at Positive Parenting Course).
- “I have enjoyed the bonding with my baby and relaxing together” (Mum at Baby Massage class).