|Address:||74 Main Street
|Telephone:||028 8554 9898|
Clogher Valley Sure Start (CVSS) opened its doors in Spring 2001 and currently employs 21 staff. CVSS covers the electoral wards of Augher, Clogher, Fivemiletown, Aughnacloy and Ballygawley and there are currently 628 families 816 children registered with the project.
Services on Offer:
- Antenatal classes
- Baby Massage
- Baby Yoga
- Parenting Programmes
- Support services
- Child-minding mentoring
- Training opportunities
- Crèche places
- Programme for 2yr olds
- Speech & Language programmes/support
Who is responsible for Sure Start (Partner’s Names)?
- Early Years The Organisation for Young Children
- Home Start
What happens once I register with Sure Start?
Details from registration form are input on database and administrator sends welcome letter to antenatal parents explaining that they will receive monthly dates for diary and quarterly newsletter. Parents to be are also informed that they will be contacted a few weeks after their baby arrives to arrange an introductory home visit. Office contact details are also provided if they wish to contact CVSS with any query in the interim. Health Visitor or Family Participation Worker (movement into area with children 4 months +) carries out an Introductory home visit to complete family details form and to inform family of the services we offer. If necessary family is then sign posted or invited to attend a particular programme.
Comments from families on Sure Start:
- “Volunteer has just been great – so knowledgeable – been a power of strength. She has been there through this whole process – no-one like her. I’m in a better place now for having her.”
- “So proud to captain the CVSS dads to NI champions again!!!. Shay will be a proud wee man when he wakes up in the morning”.
- “Dear Sure Start girls, thank you so much for all the courses and looking after my little girl. It made such a difference to my life. I am so confident and ready to face whatever life is going to throw at me and it’s because of Sure Start!!! Thank you so much for everything.”
Newsletters: Yes, every quarter