||Address:||5-7 Mount Crescent
|Telephone:||028 4461 3630|
DOWN Sure Start is a local partnership of statutory, voluntary & community organisations who work together with children aged 0-4 years and their parents/families to experience new opportunities and maximise their full potential.
DOWN Sure Start has been operational since 2001 and is well embedded into the local community. It covers the electoral wards of Audley’s Acre, Ballymote, Cathedral & Quoile in Downpatrick and Ardglass, Killough & Strangford. SureStart is currently expanding services into Murlough Ward, Newcastle in 2014.
- Audley’s Acre
Location of Sure Start Project:
5-7 Mount Crescent
Telephone: 028 44 613630
Services on Offer:
We offer a range of free programmes and activities to all families with children aged 0-4 years living within our catchment area including:
- Antenatal /Postnatal Support
- Baby / Toddler Yoga
- Behaviour Management Programmes
- Breastfeeding Support
- Bright Stars Additional Needs group
- Cook it!
- Crèche Support
- Drop-in baby clinic
- Early Years Programmes including Programme for Two Year Olds
- First Aid
- Healthy Lifestyle Programmes
- Health Visiting Support
- Weaning Group
- Home Safety Service
- Infant Massage
- Parenting Programmes
- Parent & Toddler Programmes
- Practical & emotional home-based family support
- A variety of fun physical activity programmes for parent & child.
- Relaxation Classes
- Rhyme Time & Chatterbox
- Speech, Language & Communication Support
- Young Mums & Young Mums with Tums
And much more………….
Who is responsible for Sure Start (Partner’s Names)?
The SureStart Management Committee is the main driver behind DOWN SureStart and has responsibility for the project’s operational management. It is a local partnership of organisations including South Eastern Health & Social Care Trust (Lead & Accountable body), Bryson Care Childrens’ Services, Action For Children, Public Health Agency, South Eastern Education & Library Board & Home Start. The Management Committee demonstrates a commitment to effective partnership working to ensure the achievement of SureStart aims and objectives. The Committee reviews its membership in line with the business planning cycle to ensure appropriate representation.
What happens once I register with Sure Start?
As part of the registration process you will be asked to complete a SureStart registration form. The information you provide us with will be held on a secure database and only people that need to view it will be able to access it.
All applications are considered on a weekly basis at our allocations meeting, to ensure that you are contacted by the most appropriate member of the SureStart team. Depending on the service / programme you are most interested, you will either receive a letter or a home visit to signpost you to the range of services/supports available to you and your family.
Comments from families on Sure Start:
- “The staff are absolutely fantastic with my son – the warm smiling friendly faces, the information and the conversations we’ve shared, a feeling of not being judged. They are just a great bunch of people!!”
- “The sensory room is fantastic. The kids can unwind and chill out. The calming bubble tube, fluorescent toys and twinkling lights on the roof, create a totally relaxed atmosphere.”
- “With all the advice from staff and guest speakers, we have watched our son take small positive steps!!”
- “Bright Stars is the best play group ever – irrespective of additional / special needs. It is so nice to hear other people’s experiences and views and know there is light at the end of the tunnel.”
- “We have noted a massive change in our son and only wish more kids could avail of this excellent programme. My son will really miss SureStart – Parent Interaction days show SureStart values the role of the parent!”
- “This programme has helped my child and me so much. I never thought I would feel confident enough to leave her but she loved it which helped. SureStart never gets enough credit for how good it is. My kids loved it!”
- “My son has learned a lot this year and had fun!! SureStart has given him a good start in his early education!!”
- “My child has benefitted enormously from the 2 year old programme. She loves attending SureStart – it will be a big hole to fill when the programme ends.”