35-41 Main Street
|Telephone:||028 4273 9322|
We provide services to families using a multidisciplinary team, which includes a Family Support Coordinator, Family Support Workers, Speech & Language Therapist and Assistant, Early Years Coordinator, Early Years Workers, Community Facilitators, Health Visitors and administrative support. We also have close links with Community Midwifery and other community and voluntary providers in the area.
Services are available to all families within the catchment area who have children under 4 years old.
Services are accessible via our main premises in Kircubbin or our Scrabo office in Newtownards.
- Central (Ards)
Location of Sure Start Project:
- Ards Peninsula (Portaferry, Portavogie, Greyabbey, Kircubbin, Ballywalter, Ballyhalbert, Cloughey)
- Ards Town (West Winds, Cambourne, Lansdowne, Central)
Services on Offer:
- Speech & Language & Communication Support
- Practical & emotional home based support for pregnant women and new parents
- Access to Home-Start Respite Group and Home Visitors
- Access to Life Start Programme
- Toy & Book Libraries and Book Start Packs
- Home Safety Equipment
- Group work with Families
- Programmes for Two Year Olds
- Courses including: First Aid, Cook It! Me Time
- Infant Massage
- Breakfast Clubs and Drop Ins
- Seasonal Activities
- Breastfeeding Support
Who is responsible for Sure Start (Partner’s Names)?
- South Eastern Health & Social Care Trust is the Lead and Accountable body
- Libraries NI
- South Eastern Education & Library Board
- SEH&SC Trust Health Promotion
- SEH&SC Trust Speech & Language Therapy
- Women’s Aid
- Early Years Organisation
What happens once I register with Sure Start?
You will receive a welcome visit to get to know you and your family and to ascertain which services you require.
Comments from families on Sure Start:
- Programme for Two Year Olds
“Thank you so much for your hard work and the encouragement you have given ***** within Country Tots”
“Thank you for having *** & ***** in Country Tots they both loved each day they spent in it.”
“Thank you so much for everything. My child has really enjoyed his time at Sure Start and has gained so much from the programme. He will miss you all very much.”
- Baby Massage
‘overall I found course very beneficial for me & baby; can’t think of any improvements -well done Sure Start!’
‘excellent course & service in general, great to have something like this in the Ards Peninsula area. Thank you!’
- Mellow Babies
‘didn’t want the course to end; trainers very friendly & helpful.’
‘before this group I didn’t like going to groups, now I hope to go to more in future , thank you Sure Start.’