1 Ballygore Road
|Telephone:||028 9446 9644|
Little Steps Sure Start offers support to parents from pregnancy and gives young children under four the best possible start in life.
We work with parents to promote the physical, intellectual, social and emotional development of babies and young children. We do this by bringing together a programme of free services incorporating early education, health, parenting programmes and family support to families.
Our services are delivered in family homes, community venues or education facilities. By providing a mix of universal and targeted services, we can meet the individual needs of the different families we work with..
Services on Offer:
Little Steps Sure Start offers a wide range of courses, events and services in your own home.
These services include:
- Introductory visits to new birth families
- Breast feeding Support group
- Baby Massage classes
- Health Visitor drop-in clinic
- Physical Activity for children and parents – Tiny Splash / Musical Movers
- Cookery Programmes
- Dental Health Promotion
- Annual Health Promotion event
- Toy and Book Library service
- Home Play programmes tailored to the individual child
- Annual Book Start event
- My Family Book – adult literacy based programme
- Parenting Programmes
- Services for dad’s
- Monthly Support Group for parents and children with additional needs or disability
- Stay and Play Sessions
- Family Fun events throughout the year
- Outreach activities to local Parent and Toddler groups
- Telephone support
- Young Parents support group
Who is responsible for Sure Start (Partner’s Names)?
Little Steps Sure Start is a Partnership project with Action for Children as the Lead body and the NHSCT as Accountable body.
What happens once I register with Sure Start?
Once you register with Sure Start you will receive our quarterly newsletter detailing all the upcoming events that you can avail of.
If you are interested in any of our programmes our friendly staff will register your interest and a member of the team will be in contact.
Contact may be made via telephone, our texting service or via a home visit.
Comments from families on Sure Start:
- “The services offered at the Sure Start are great and I have benefitted so much from them, I like meeting other dad’s and the social aspect of the programmes.”
- “Sure Start staff are so friendly and helpful and have made me feel more than welcome at any of the services. The staff are really easy to talk to and are extremely approachable.”
- “My son has come on so much since attending the various programmes. His OT is impressed with how he has developed and how he is now walking rather than crawling, I really appreciate the work the staff have done to help me and my son.”
- “I love being given the opportunity to relax and gain support by having a chat with new friends and getting good ideas to help when my babies are unsettled.”
- “I love the way the staff interact with us and our babies, they make the environment lovely and relaxed and ensure we all have an opportunity to discuss issues and gain support from them and the other mummy’s without feeling judged.”
- “I can’t believe the change in my daughter since attending the Sure Start crèches, she is now talking to other people and I now feel happy leaving her as I know she is settled as she now waves bye-bye.”