|Address:||c/o Sunnylands Primary School
Sands Court Entrance
|Telephone:||028 9335 9734|
Horizon Sure Start is a government funded initiative specifically for families with children under four; living in Sunnylands, Northlands, Clipperstown, Lovelane and Killycrot wards. That means the government gives us the money and the services are completely free for families.
Barnardo’s are the lead body for Horizon Sure Start.
We also deliver services in Larne’s Antiville, Ballyloran and Craigyhill areas through Action for children.We deliver services in Sunnylands primary school and we also rent out rooms in the new YMCA building in Carrickfergus town centre for the convenience of families living in the Killycrot ward.
The overall aim of Sure Start is “to improve the wellbeing and life opportunities of young children under 4, through better health, early learning and play opportunities” so that “children can flourish when they enter school”.
- Every parent wants the best for their children. Help us to give your child the very best start in life – A Sure Start. When you register with us we offer you:
- A welcome to Sure Start, a highly motivated and professional team
- Services that are designed especially for families with children under 4years old
- We provide help, support and advocacy to families who are new to our area
- All the services listed are available to all families registered with us we also work in partnership with local statutory services community groups and parents to ensure the best quality service for the families and child.
- Love Lane
Locations of Sure Start Pproject:
c/o SunnylandsPrimary School
Sandes Court Entrance
Carrickfergus, Co. Antrim
Outreach services: Larne’s Antiville, Ballyloran, Craigyhill areas and the YMCA Carrickfergus.
Services on Offer:
- Mums To Be Group
- Young Mums Group
- Breastfeeding Group
- Baby Club
- Baby Massage
- Baby Swim
- Baby Yoga
- Parenting Programmes (such as PIPS Learning Together, Self Esteem, Nurturing, Incredible years, Incredible Baby Years)
- Toddle Time
- Toddler Swim
- 2 Year Old Programme
Who is responsible for Sure Start (Partner’s Names)
What happens once I register with Sure Start?
Initial home visit from our Family Support Service or our Health team where activities will be suggested to the family to take part in.
Comments from families on Sure Start:
Newsletters: Yes, currently hard copies only available via mailing list of registered families and in our project.