|Address:||34c Society Street
|Telephone:||028 7032 1032|
- Central (Coleraine)
- Cross Glebe
- Royal Portrush
Location of Sure Start Project:
Coleraine Sure Start Partnership operates in Ballysally, Harpur’s Hill, the Heights, Killowen, the Town Centre and also Windy Hall and Millburn. We have also recently expanded to the ward of Royal Portrush. We are a partnership organisation and our services are delivered by our community and early years partners in these areas. Our central base is in Society Street.
Services on Offer:
Coleraine Sure Start Partnership provides a range of support from pregnancy until your child goes to school. We aim to complement other services and activities provided by statutory agencies – but do not duplicate or replace those services. We deliver support services to families within the Sure Start area, and because we are a ‘partnership’ are able to do this at various locations throughout Coleraine.
We provide a holistic approach to what we provide, offering activities for the whole family, for mother and baby, for fathers with their children, for grandparents and for childminders. When you register with our Sure Start you can access a range of services including visits to your home, programmes to help you bond with your child, groups where you can meet other adults and your child can inter-act with other children. We can provide you with information on breastfeeding, weaning, communicating with your child and contact details of community groups, early years settings and parent and toddler groups in your area. The support you access is entirely up to you!
Activities include Ante-Natal Programmes; Teen-Ante-Natal and Parenting Programmes; Baby Massage; Baby Yoga; Baby Swim; drop-in music and movement groups; Breast-feeding support; Family Visiting; Home Play; Programmes such as Nurturing, Incredible Years, Cook-It, Hanen and Elklang to name but a few!
Who is responsible for Sure Start (Partner’s Names)?
Accountable Body: Focus on Family
Lead Body: Harpur’s Hill Children and Family Centre
- Norah Robinson – Harpur’s Hill Children and Family Centre
- Kim Aiken (Vice-Chair) – Libraries NI
- Ann Maybin – NHSCT – Health Visiting
- Anna Kelly (Secretary) – CBC / Ballysally Community Centre
- Brendan Patterson – Focus on Family
- Mathilda Taulbutt – Causeway Women’s Aid
- Geraldine Emerson – Ballysally Nursery
- Eugene McFeeley – West Bann Development Centre
- Marian McCouaig – Kylemore Nursery
- Kirsten Houmann-Green – Cuilrath Nursery
- Alison Wallace – Irwin, Donaghy and Stockman (Accountants)
What happens once I register with Sure Start?
When your baby is born, or you move into our Sure Start area, you can expect to be contacted by one of our Health Team. They will register you and your child and outline the services and activities available to you. You will then begin to receive some drop in visits from a Family Support Worker and our regular newsletter highlighting our programme of groups, programmes and news.
Comments from families on Sure Start:
- Craft Event – ‘This was a great opportunity to spend time with my toddler doing something together – and encouraging him to make things.’
- Baby Massage – ‘This was a great course which has been very helpful in learning to relax with my baby – and has helped us have quality time together!’
- ‘The regular support from my family visitor is great. She informs me of groups which helps me with socialising, also directs me to various agencies. The breastfeeding support was invaluable when my children where young and gave me great advice. The nurturing programme has given me tips and ideas to try with my children which helps make home life more relaxed.’
Newsletters: Yes, Quarterly Newsletter promoting groups and programmes