|Address:||440 Shore Road
|Telephone:||028 9086 0938|
A.B.B.E.Y SureStart is a local partnership of community, voluntary and statutory organisations. Our aim is to work with parents/families and carers, with children 0- under 4 years, and the community to help all children within these areas to reach their social, emotional, physical and intellectual potential. To achieve this aim we provide a range of accessible, flexible and responsive services.
Location of Sure Start Project:
- Community Education Centre, Rathcoole Drive
- St, James Nursery School, 19 Kings Road
- SureStart Mobile, Longlands Arthur Road
- Abbots Cross PS, Doagh Road
- Monkstown Village Centre
- Abbeytown Square Monkstown
Services on Offer:
We offer a range of services under the following headings
- Family Support
- Family Health Care
- 2 -3 year olds Developmental Programme
- Play and Learning
- Additional Needs
- Speech & Language
- Childminding Network
Within these headings we offer programmes focusing on
- Healthy Eating
- Health & Wellbeing
- Creative activities
- Communication and interaction
Who is responsible for Sure Start (Partner’s Names)?
- SENSE Northern Ireland
What happens once I register with Sure Start?
When registering you will receive our newsletter which lists all programmes that we will be facilitating in that quarter. The person registering you will talk you through the programmes/services available and how you can access any of the services you are interested in. Your information will automatically be added to our database which means you will receive a quarterly newsletter and be kept updated on all up and coming events
Comments from families on Sure Start:
- Sure Start is great, it’s easy to access, the programmes are close to home so you can walk to them staff are so friendly and easy to talk to.
- I’m so glad I signed up for SureStart, doing the programmes has changed my view on so many things. You don’t realise how important the small things are in a child’s life. I highly recommend signing up for programmes. Having done classes I have come out with a different approach and feel so much more confident.