60 Shankill Road
|Telephone:||028 9087 4000|
Shankill Sure Start operates out of three family centres – the Alessie Centre on the Shankill Road, the Hannah Centre on the Crumlin Road and the Martin Centre on the Ballygomartin Road. Our aim is to help ensure that every child in the Greater Shankill area has the best possible start in life.
- Crumlin (Belfast)
Total population of children aged 0 – 3 years is 1595 (Census, 2011).
Services on Offer:
- Antenatal support – early pregnancy class, Mellow Bumps programme and antenatal classes
- Postnatal support – breastfeeding support, infant massage and baby yoga
- Home visiting/family support service
- Support for dads/male carers – home visiting, programmes, drop in’s
- Support for children with additional needs, including the use of a multi-sensory room
- Speech and language support
- Parent & Toddler groups at each Centre
Who is responsible for Sure Start (Partner’s Names)?
Greater Shankill Partnership (Lead and Accountable Body)
What happens once I register with Sure Start?
Every family who registers or is referred to the project will be contacted by a Senior Family Support Worker who will arrange a visit to the home. During that initial visit the support worker will discuss all of the services available at each of our three Family Centres. They will also discuss, in collaboration with the family, what support can be offered.
Comments from families on Sure Start:
- ‘My family support worker has been a tremendous support for me and my boys through tough times’
- ‘I am indebted to the service; my family support worker was a rock during my darkest time. I sincerely hope this service is available for others in my position..’
- ‘The support me and my children received has made such a difference, she has given me a positive and valuable outlook on how to care for my children in a positive and encouraging way.’
- ‘sincere thanks to the SLT who has went to exceptional lengths to liaise with statutory agencies …..I really have no idea where my children would be if it wasn’t for her help’
Newsletters: No, but we produce a Monthly Calendar of Events outlining programmes at each of the three Family Centres.