|Address:||Top of the Rock
689 Springfield Road
|Telephone:||028 9032 4870|
Saol Úr Sure Start offers a range of free services and activities for local families with children aged 0-4, including services for pregnant women.
- Falls Park
- Upper Springfield
Location of Sure Start Project:
We are based in the Upper Springfield Development Trust building on the Springfield Road. The project covers Upper Springfield, Falls Park and Whiterock.
Services on Offer:
- Antenatal and postnatal support and programmes – including an antenatal group and the Baby Grows group
- Meeting the needs of fathers and other key men in the lives of local children – including Saturday play sessions
- Supporting parent and child interactions and play
- Information about child development and parenting skills
- Family link workers to support parents in reaching their family goals
- Programmes for parents including Cook It, Weigh to Health, Managing Children’s Behaviour, Zumba, Walking Group, Crafts.
- Sessions for parents & children to enjoy together, including RhymeTime, Story Time, Swim-a-Song, Active Bears
- Good quality play, learning and child care experiences for children, both group and home based. This includes crèche support for parent programmes.
- Support from the Sure Start midwife
- Support from the Sure start Speech & Language Therapist
- Fun Days and Parties for Sure Start families
- Trips & Outings
Who is responsible for Sure Start (Partner’s Names)?
Saol Úr Sure Start is overseen by a management committee with members who have a range of skills and experience, including members from a range of locally-based organisations. Upper Springfield Development Trust is our lead body.
What happens once I register with Sure Start?
One of our friendly team will meet you to explain the services we offer, and give you a copy of our latest newsletter. You can then decide which services are right for you.
Comments from families on Sure Start:
- Went to my second baby massage class today, have to say its excellent, friendly environment, helpfully and informative, Càoimhe is so relaxed she’s still fast asleep :0)
- I attend the parent and toddler group on a Friday morning with my granddaughter. We both have a brilliant time. I just want to say a big thank you to all the staff especially Maura.
- Saol Úr Sure Start helps me a lot as I have no family support and it makes a good difference to me.