|Address:||Blackie River Centre
43 Beechmount Pass
|Telephone:||028 9031 9634|
Beechmount Sure Start provides services across the Beechmount Ward. From Beechmount Pass to St James Road, we provide a range of programmes and activities for all families.we aim to support families who live in the ward, with support and information to ensure that children can flourish at home. We provide a range of activities for parents – to-be, mums, dads and children.
Location of Sure Start Project:
Our office is based in the Blackie River Center, however we hold programmes and activities in a range of venues such as Ionad Uibh Eachach, St James Forum and the Blackie River Centre. Stretching from Beechmount Pass to St James Road and including Cluan Mor, Iveagh and Clonavogie.
Services on Offer:
- Home Visiting
- Play and Learning information
- Parent & Toddlers
- Baby Clinic
- Baby Massage
- Baby Yoga
- Song & Rhyme Time
- Midwifery support and information
- Speech & Language Support and information
- Programmes for Parents
- Programmes for 2 Year Olds
Who is responsible for Sure Start (Partner’s Names)?
Blackie River Centre is our Lead and Accountable Body, and our partners also include Ionad Uibh Eachach, Falls Womens Centre, St James Forum, St Pauls Nursery School.
We work closely with Community Trust Services such as Health Visitors and Midwives.
What happens once I register with Sure Start?
When you register with Sure Start you will be informed of our programmes and services – the details of which are contained in our information booklet. All families receive information and resources following the initial registration. Depending on what your needs are you can request home based services such as “Stay and Play” , or family support visits; or you may wish to access information from the Speech and Language Therapist.
Alternatively you may wish to attend the many group activities that are on offer.
Once you register with Sure Start, you can use the services as you wish, or need them.
Regular newsletter and information sheets are posted to all families to keep you up to date with our activities.
Comments from families on Sure Start:
We ask parents for feed back on programmes they have attended, here are a few comments:
- “I gained confidence, normally I wouldn’t take part in these programmes but this has helped me to do more with my child. She has gained confidence also”
- “Me and my child learnt so many things”
- “spending quality time with my child as she learnt new songs”
- “support from other mums and I had fun!”
- “I learnt there is no perfect parent. I am not on my own when it comes to children having bad behaviour but I understand more now”
Newsletters: Yes, issued quarterly.