Please click here for information relating to the National Literacy Trust event – Talk To Your Baby 2019, which takes place in Manchester on January 21 2019.
The conference will explore the arrival of early years as a national priority, looking at the critical window of opportunity from conception to age two for language acquisition. There will be a focus on the interplay of cognitive development and environment – home and early years settings – and how local activity, the latest research and key policy issues play into this dynamic.
Speakers announced so far are:
- Cerys Griffiths, BBC: BBC’s early years strategy
- Professor Ludovica Serratrice, University of Reading: Language of babies in bilingual families
- National Literacy Trust Manchester Team: Activity in early years setting in Greater Manchester
- Nick Skinner and Jenny Tosh, London Borough of Enfield: Singing to your baby
- Professor Elizabeth Meins, University of York: “Mind-mindedness” and child development
The early bird rate of £175 has been extended until 19 October – book now.